Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fender bender

It was production night and Norma and I decided to make a food run. 

The night began to sprinkle. 

I was more focused on my stomach and our conversation about boys to notice the truck backing out behind me. But I could have sworn I checked all my mirrors and blind spots as I reversed my way out of the parking spot.

The music was bumping in my black Chevy Cruze and all I wanted to do was get to Subway.

I was mid-sentence when I heard a thud in the back an my car jerked a little.

"Shit."

I managed to only get in two minor fender benders twice before without leaving more than a scuff on my car, but this sounded worse, much worse. 

I exited my vehicle and made way to the rear, only to find the glass around my right taillight broken. My heart sank.

The sprinkle turned into a drizzle. 

The driver of the truck who was on the other end of the thud, was inspecting her truck as well.

My eyes fell upon a somewhat large dent in her bumper. I was oddly proud that my little Cruze caused such a dent to larger dual-cab truck.

We exchange information and decided it was a mutual accident and went our separate ways.

"My dad is going to kill me," I told Norma as I once again put my car into reverse.

And I pulled out of the lot and into the night, still debating how to satisfy my stomach, the drizzle turning into heavier rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment